Mon, Jun 27|
JIMI Summer Jam Camp 2022
Join JIMI - the Japanese Immersion Math Intervention for Kids - on a journey to Japan to explore the culture and the magic of the abacus.
Time & Location
Jun 27, 2022, 10:00 AM – Jul 08, 2022, 11:30 AM
About the Event
JIMI, the Japanese Immersion Math Intervention for Kids Summer Camp
Welcome to JIMI's Jam, a virtual summer program for students in grades 3 - 5 who need to work on their basic math skills, have math phobia, or would like to experience math with a twist. We offer a hands-on learning experience that includes making a Japanese abacus and learning how to use it to perform basic math operations. Benefits of consistent and continued practice on the abacus include:
- Improved number sense
- Enriched reasoning and critical thinking skills
- Greater accuracy and speed when performing basic operations
- Boost in confidence
Students will receive a toolkit with the supplies they'll need to build and create. During the session, they will enjoy: making and learning to use a Japanese abacus, singing along and counting in Japanese, and meeting special guests with cool stories from Japan. Now grab your "hachimaki" and register!
All sessions will be recorded and may be used for promotional purposes. Registration implies permission for student photo and video release.
- Jul 11 - Jul 22 | 10a - 11:30a EDT
- Jul 11 - Jul 22 | 2p - 3:30p EDT
- Jul 25 - Aug 5 | 10a - 11:30a EDT
- Jul 25 - Aug 5 | 2p - 3:30p EDT
- August 8 - August 19 | 10a - 11:30a EDT
- August 8 - August 19 | 2p - 3:30p EDT
Student Requirements (not provided by camp):
- Computer, Laptop, iPad or Tablet
- Camera working and on
- Reliable Wi-fi Connection
- Know Abacus App
- $125 registration fee (non-refundable)
- For Title I student waivers, contact us
All sessions will be recorded and made available to registrants.We do not offer refunds for cancellations and/or no-shows, and there are no credits or “make- ups” for missed days.
JIMI Summer Jam - 6/27 at 10a$125.00Sale ended